It is extremely important that we keep our children safe and secure at all times. In order to do this we have a variety of systems in place to which we ask parents to support and fully adhere to at all times.
- Designated Safeguarding/Child Protection staff are: Mrs Adams (Designated Lead),Mrs Constantinou (Deputy Designated Lead), Mrs Beechey and Mrs Richardson all of whom have Advanced Safeguarding Training which is renewed every two years.
- A secure entry system with intercom controls access to the school site.
- The playground is fully supervised at playtimes and lunchtimes; the playground is zoned to ensure thorough supervision of the children.
- The school gate entrance is open from 8.30am in the morning to allow children and parents into the playground before the school day starts. From 8.45am, members of staff stand at the outer and inner school gates to welcome pupils and monitor entry to and safety on the playground. Other staff are also on duty supervising children. We ask that parents do not leave their children on the playground until a member of staff is present and on duty.
- All staff and governors are issued with photo identity lanyards and must wear them at all time.
- If children are late into school, they are issued with a yellow late slip from the office to communicate to teachers that they have been registered on site.
- Adults authorised to visit the school site are required to sign in and out and wear visitors' passes at all times
- Volunteers and visitors to the school are provided with a Safeguarding Leaflet on entry to the school which summarises our expectations, policy and practice.
- All adults working regularly with children (including governors) will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check
- Extra- curricular clubs must provide the school with qualification certification and DBS
- The school curriculum and values education supports children's understanding of their responsibility to safeguard themselves and one another.
- All staff and governors receive safeguarding training at least every three years, including the Prevent Duty. The training is supplemented every term or more frequently if required, this includes 'Keeping Children Safe in Education 2016'.
- Mr Keith Reynolds is the designated Safeguarding Governor
The school’s Safeguarding and E-Safety polices can be found in the Policies section of our website and on request at the school office. See the Online Safety section of our website for further information on Safeguarding relating to digital technology.
For further information click on the link to the Barnet Safeguarding Children Board