ADMISSION TOURS OF THE SCHOOL TAKE PLACE DURING THE AUTUMN TERM (BETWEEN SEPTEMBER AND DECEMBER)
BOOK EARLY TO ENSURE YOUR PLACE ON A HEADTEACHER'S TOUR BY TELEPHONING THE SCHOOL OFFICE
TOUR DATES ARE RELEASED IN SEPTEMBER ANNUALLY
Parents can apply for a place in our Reception class from the September after their child is three years old, ready for admission in the September when they are already four years old. The normal deadline for the application for Reception Year is January of the year they are due to start. Full details can be found in the Barnet Primary Schools Admissions Guide.
Parents who wish to apply for our school should apply on-line to the Local Authority. If you are not able to apply on-line you can telephone the Admissions Department on 020 8359 7651 and request an application form. There is also an additional application form (SIF) to complete for the school.
Reception Class for academic year 2018/2019
- If your child was born between 1st September 2013 and 31st August 2014 they are due to start reception class in September 2018.
- Please apply on-line using the link below. The link (eAdmissions) will go live on 1st September 2017, and you must complete your application by 12th January 2018.
- You must also complete our Supplementary Application Form (SIF), which may be submitted to the school at any time during this admissions period but no later than 12th January 2018. Failure to complete this form could lead to the Governors, in the event of oversubscription, placing your child a lower priority category than he/she may be entitled to.
- Applications received after the closing date will be treated as 'late' and will be processed from May 2018 onwards
- You will find out the outcome from Barnet Council in April 2018.
Waiting List / In-year admissions
- A waiting list will be kept for Reception and years 1 – 6.
- Children newly arrived in the area will be placed on the waiting list in accordance with the admissions criteria.
- Local authorities co-ordinate applications for all maintained primary and secondary schools and academies that are situated within their borough boundary.
- To apply for a place at St Mary's School you should complete the Barnet LA in-year admissions CAF even if you live outside Barnet
- You must also complete our Supplementary Information Form (SIF) and return this to the school. Failure to complete this form could lead to the Governors, in the event of oversubscription, placing your child a lower priority category than he/she may be entitled to.
Please click here to view Admission Policy for 2017/2018